GSDR installation consists of two steps: Install the basic version and later upgrade.
For comfortable work GSDR program have hardware and software requirements that your PC must meet:
- minimum 1GHz processor (recommended 2GHz dual core or more);
- 512MB RAM (1GB for Windows 2000 and XP, 2GB for Vista and Windows 7 is recommended);
- VGA card with DirectX 9 supported drivers or later (DirectX 9c is mark for software version of the driver and if you want to minimize CPU usage then it is desirable VGA card with DX9 hardware support);
- monitor with minimum resolution of 1024×768 for classic appearance or 1024×600 for Compact screen (adjusted for 10.1″ netbook).
- audio card with at least one pair of stereo inputs/outputs (better card 24bit/96K with multiple inputs / outputs is preferred);
- mouse with scroll wheel for easy navigation;
- Windows OS (supported from Windows 2000 onwards 32bit and 64 bit versions);
- installed. NET 2.0 library with the latest service pack;
- SlimDX library for working with DirectX video driver (version September 2011).
First you need to create an empty directory (eg C: \ GSDR) and then unpack GSDR basic installation archive which can be found at: http://genesisradio.com.au/GSDR/new/GSDR_install.zip.
GSDR’s update can be found at: http://genesisradio.com.au/GSDR/new/
Latest update is recognized by date:
(in this example GSDR update is created 16.02.2012).
It is necessary to unpack the contents of this archive to the GSDR folder overrwrite all files! Any later upgrade is performed in the same way!
Start Genesis.exe (GDI + video driver) or GenesisDX.exe (GDI + and DirectX). You will first see running DSP optimizer that will work for some time (depends on CPU speed) and will create wisdom file. After wisdom creation, Wizard helps you set basic settings(do not skip this step!). If all goes well the basic layout GSDR appears on screen. Now you can test functionality or change GSDR settings.
Goran Radivojevic YT7PWR